FOUR workers' living accommodation near the Al Namal Building in Salmaniya was gutted in a fire yesterday.
The blaze broke out at around 5pm when a candle lit by a worker burnt through a table cloth and a wooden table.
The candle was lit to help prepare an Iftar meal after the power in the room went off, said sources.
The Indians initially attempted to put out the blaze but failed.
Civil Defence personnel were then summoned and they doused the blaze.
In Galali, a carpentry workshop-cum-accommodation was gutted in a fire at around 3pm.
Sources said the blaze took place in the workshop a short while after it had closed for the day.
Workers in a nearby workshop noticed smoke coming from inside and raised an alarm.
A civil defence team arrived and put out the blaze.
Investigation was continuing.